Essen1's NY Style Pizza Dough
Note: You will need a Standard Home Oven for proper baking of this dough.
|Bakers' %||in grams||in ounces||Recommended|
|Flour||100%||615 g||21.7 oz||High-Gluten Flour|
|Water||60%||369 g||13.0 oz||Water|
|Yeast or Starter||0.5000%||3.077 g||0.109 oz||Active Dry Yeast|
|Salt||2.50%||15.38 g||0.54 oz||Salt|
|Oil/Lards/Shortening||3.00%||18.5 g||0.7 oz||Vegetable Oil|
|Sugar||1.00%||6.154 g||0.2 oz||Sugar|
|Other||2.00%||12.31 g||0.4 oz||Diastatic Malt|
|Totals||1040 g||36.68 oz|
* The above ingredients will yeild 4 doughballs of 260 grams each.
Instructions from the forum thread:
Vegetable (Soybean) Oil (3%):
Diastatic Malt Powder (2%):
1. Activate ADY in 105F water (100 gr of the total). Use a whisk and make sure no granules are floating on the top.
2. Combine flour, malt and sugar in the mixing bowl (sifting is great!) and run the paddle attachment through it for 10 secs or so.
3. Add the rest of the water to the flour at 40-45 F.
4. Add the yeast mixture.
5. On Speed 1 bring it all together until the dough comes off the sides.
6. Rest the dough for 20 mins in the bowl.
7. Add the salt and mix for about a minute.
8. Stop the mixer and pull the dough off the hook. Add the oil.
9. Mix for 5-6 mins depending on feel and look of the dough. Should be a touch sticky but not so much that it sticks to your fingers when touching.
10. Pour dough onto the counter, give it a rough round shape, cover with damp kitchen cloth and rest for 1 hr. Ball it up until a tight, smooth skin has formed, place in a lightly oiled bowl, brush it with a little oil and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. CF for 18 hrs, then divide, ball again and put the dough balls covered back into the fridge until an hour before use. Bring to a temp of 60-65 F and shape into skins.
For more information on this dough, photos and insight, CLICK HERE to view the forum thread.